Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New film festival. Free entry!

  1. #1
    first fridays
    Guest first fridays's Avatar

    Post

    I'd like to announce a new film festival for independent short films - The First Fridays Film Festival in Charlottesville, Virginia. The festival will showcase independent short films at midnight on the First Friday of each month at the historic Jefferson Theater in downtown Charlottesville. There is no entry fee. We are accepting submissions on VHS tape. No submissions will be returned. People submitting accepted films will be notified via email or telephone. Please include contact information on your tapes. Please send submissions to Film Festival, 1108 E. Market St. Apt. B, Charlottesville, VA 22902. Any questions? Send email to [email protected]. Thank you.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Damn!
    Once again, I'm discriminated against because I had the fuzzy spheres to make a FULL LENGTH FEATURE in Super 8!!!

    I don't want to sound too critical.
    I understand the need for short film festivals, I just wish they would all have maybe a sub-section for features, when they are low-budget film festivals, because it's so difficult to get into the major festivals if you're a little guy.
    It would be nice not to get shut out of most of the low budget one's too, that's all.
    It's like, forget Sundance, etc., unless you know someone on the inside, and then on the other end of the spectrum, are all these short only festivals...
    Frustrating...

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  3. #3
    first fridays
    Guest first fridays's Avatar

    Post

    Matt,
    I would be very pleased if you sent me a copy of your film. I'm curious.
    P.S. The "bar" is higher for feature length films than shorter films, simply because the whole festival for the month rides on one film.
    Sincerely,
    First Fridays
    1108 E. Market St. Apt. B
    Charlottesville, VA 22902

    ------------------

  4. #4
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    Hey Matt,

    Remember this is just a suggestion, not to insult the integrity of your film. But have you ever considered clipping your film to 15 minutes. I mean, that way you could get your film into all these festivals, and if people were interested, you could be like, "Hey, I have a full length *uncut* version of this short". The best of both worlds. Billy Bob Thorntons "Sling Blade" started off as a black and white short film nearly identical to the opening scene of the feature. I guess he liked it enough to make into a feature.

    Just a thought,
    Scott

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •